Afternoon! I'm going to start our Pheebinese lesson today. We will cover the basics and some Pheeb sentence structure. Firstly, in order to speak Pheebinese, you'll need to suspend your knowledge of proper syntax and polite speaking.
Let's begin with some words imperative to Pheeb culture.
- aeopwane- (a-oh-pwane) translation: airplane; Pheeb is very fond of airplanes. You will hear this word quite often in his vocabulary.
- cah- (kah) translation: car; Pheeb is also quite fond of motor vehicles. He likes to crash them and put them in order according to size and color.
- fyowoks- (fye-o-walks) translation: fireworks; Pheebip does NOT like fireworks, but he thinks they're pretty.
- haya- (hay-ah) translation: hair; Pheeb does not like his hair brushed, cut, or touched. Watch out!
- shoat- (show-t) translation: shirt; Pheeb loves shirts. His favorites include his airplane and dump truck one.
- Shuddup!- (shud-up) translation: Shut up; Pheebip is mad because you did something he didn't like, whether you meant to or not.
Those are words you'd be guaranteed to hear at least once an hour.
Now for some basic pronunciation.
- In Pheebinese, all words pronounced with a "V" will sound like "B". For example, movie becomes "moobie", T.V. becomes "TEEBEE", and seven becomes "sebben".
- Words pronounced with "TH" will sound like "D". There becomes "dere".
- Words pronounced with "R" will sound like "W". Tree becomes "twee" and truck becomes "twuck".
- Pheeb has trouble pronouncing "CH". Depending on the word, it may sound like "K", "TR", or "S".
In knowing these things, you might be able to form a sentence in Pheebinese. Let's begin with something simple.
"I love you."
Now, knowing the rules of Pheeb, how would this sentence be pronounced?
"I lubb you."
If you got that, you're already on your way to speaking Pheebinese!
Let's try something a little harder.
"I want to watch a video and eat all the food."
That would become...
"I want to wats a bideo an' eat all duh food."
Did you get that? Great!
NEXT LESSON: How to say your name in Pheeb.